My friend Lorraine always tags me in her facebook notes which I then take an answer here on the ole blog. Thanks Lorraine 🙂
In answer to the question: What kind of mom are you?
1. How old were you when your first child was born?
2. What month and year was your youngest child born?
3. How did you feel when you first found out you were pregnant?
4. Who did you tell first?
Rick, Kristin’s dad.
5. How many pounds did you gain during your first pregnancy?
6. What did you crave while you were pregnant?
7. Did you find out the gender of your first child? Why or why not?
No, no one ever asked us if we wanted to know – so we just didn’t ask
8. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy?
9. How much did your first child weigh?
10. Was your first child early, late, or on time?
9 days late
11. What is the most difficult challenge or health issue that any of your children have faced?
Kristin was born with jaundice, at 4 diagnosed with a heart murmur (which turned out to be functional) and when she was 5 or 6 fell and had to get 9 stitches which crossed her eyebrow.
12. What’s your favorite part of being a mom?
hard to say, I just like it.
13. Do you think it’s easier to be a mom or a dad?
I think it’s easier to be a dad – but – dad’s may disagree 🙂
14. What is the best piece of advice you could give to someone who is about to have their first child?
Not to worry, they will do a good job – they will make mistakes but it will all be ok.
15. Did you always think you’d have kids?
16. What’s been the biggest surprise about motherhood?
How you love someone so unconditionally – who knew?
17. Are there things you miss about life before kids?
I am very fortunate to have raised an independent daughter who is now spending the majority of her time away at college – so I’m glad I had all that time with her because now, I don’t.
18. How many children do you have?
19. Do you plan to have any more children?
20. Who’s the mom that you admire most?
I admire all moms – hardest job in the world – but the most creative one you can have.