Saturday 2/28/09 at Ochi’s Lounge beneath Comix
Ochi’s Lounge downstairs at Comix
353 West 14th St. between 8th and 9th
Hosted by Sara Benincasa (MTV, CNN) with delicious FREE COOKIES and incredible family stories from…
I’m so excited to see my boys next week at Mercury Lounge! It’s been awhile and I miss them like crazy. There will be new material and the last time I heard it – it was incredible. Get your tickets and come on out – I can PROMISE that it will be a spectacular evening 🙂
Get Your Tickets HERE
It’s my buddy Bryan’s birthday today! I’ll be headed up to Portland, MA on Friday to P-A-R-T-Y! And I have some special gifts 🙂 Happy Birthday Bryan!
Bryan’s Band: Marie Stellar
Bryan’s Blog: Hilly Town
Bryan’s Photos on Flickr
He’s pretty awesome – I’m sure that Mary would agree!
To see more photos click here
I’ll be in Maine on the 28th but YOU should be in Williamsburg to check out The Party Faithful. From what I’ve heard there’s lots of new and exciting things happening with them – don’t miss it!
The Trash Bar
256 Grand St. between Driggs & Roebling
Williamsburg, Brooklyn NY 11211
OPEN BAR FROM 8-9 WITH $7 ADMISSION
8:00 – IAN JACOBS / BEN LAMB
9:00 – GUILLERMO SEXO
10:00 – THE PARTY FAITHFUL
11:00 – COMBAT ZONE
12:00 – THE FORCE
KINGS OF KARAOKE w/ MUCHO MACHO & NOT SO MACHO, AFTER THE BANDS – FREE ADMISSION
LATE NIGHT DRINK SPECIALS: $3 PBRs AND $6 JACK & BACK (PBR & Shot Of Jack Daniels) AFTER 1 AM!
Chris Sifflet and Kevin Tor host Auction! every other Tuesday at Ochi’s Lounge beneath Comix.
To see complete set of photos click here
So, I’ve seen these lists all over facebook – but – I’m putting mine here. 25 Random Things about me – read if you like – or not 🙂
1. My daughter is my favorite person. Recently, someone that was standing in her room referred to it as “this person’s room” and I knew that they had no idea who I am.
2. I have always lived in New York City.
3. I love science fiction movies
4. When I was a kid I mostly read books about Astronomy and Archeology.
5. I wanted to be an astronaut.
6. I once did a free swim with sharks in The Bahamas – actually – twice –once diving and once snorkeling.
7. I’m afraid of heights.
8. I love roller coasters – for the speed.
9. I have a bad habit of looking into people’s eyes when I talk to them. It makes many of them uncomfortable.
10. I have a backache almost all of the time…and bruised knees too.
11. I know the faces and bodies of friends that I have photographed for years so well that I can see even small physical changes in them immediately.
12. I really like to do laundry but dislike most other house cleaning activities.
13. I have no patience for people who waste my time.
14. I love the sound of children playing and laughing.
15. I almost went to art school but chickened out.
16. I still know all of my ex-boyfriends.
17. I have a small metal clip in my right breast which points to where I had a biopsy. I do not set the buzzers off in the airport.
18. Sometimes I feel like an imposter and can’t wrap my mind around some of the things that I have had the privilege of doing – why me?
19. I don’t miss eating meat but I do miss eating carbs.
20. I don’t know how to drive and have no desire to learn.
21. I love airports, train stations and bus terminals – transitory places.
22. I have dozens of pairs of shoes and love buying shoes but am happiest being barefoot.
23. I used to know how to knit and crochet but can’t remember how anymore.
24. I love fireworks – especially bottle rockets. We used to have epic fireworks displays on my block when I was a kid – which means – we were lucky we didn’t blow our fingers off.
25. I love how there are moments when the city is silent, no traffic, no voices – it blows me away.